DIAMONDS FROM ASHES
just like them
We believe our loved ones live on through us. The brightness and positivity of a diamond is a truly remarkable way to carry your loved one with you, to continue their story.
Ashes or hair needed
2 tbsp - 1/2 cup
Avg. time to completion
She made everyone feel like the most important person in the world. Even in her darkest days, she found a bit of humor.
A grief-changing journey
We want to be a source of brightness for those coping with the death of a loved one. Through a collaborative and surprisingly uplifting process, we help families and friends honor the bright moments of a life. Meanwhile, the ashes of their loved one are evolving into a diamond that they’ll be able to hold close.
OUR JOURNEY TOGETHER
YOU & ETERNEVA
YOU & ETERNEVA
Here’s your loved one’s itinerary. 😊 Every month we’ll share pictures, videos, & updates. So honored to be on this journey with you! 💛 💎
You receive your Welcome Kit
The kit includes a video, instructions, return postage, and the needed tools for you to send us your loved one’s ashes.
Stage one success! Your loved one’s ashes have been successfully purified into beautiful, sparkly carbon. Check out the process ahead. 🎥
A remarkable transformation
We isolate the carbon from ashes, which is the starting material for their diamond!
I have amazing news…your loved one is officially a raw diamond! Here’s a video from the growth – they did wonderfully. 🙌
A diamond emerges
Through a custom, individualized process of heat and pressure, your loved one’s raw diamond will grow.
Hey there. They just finished at the cutters. Gosh, they turned out stunning. 😍
Cut, polished, set by masters
Your diamond is cut in Antwerp, graded and engraved, colored* and set in personalized jewelry*. Next, we’ll get ready for the homecoming! (* optional)
The day is finally here – we’re ready to deliver them home. Take lots of pics, this is a day you’ll remember for a lifetime. 💛
An unforgettable homecoming
The return of your loved one’s diamond is a special day, so we make sure every diamond is carefully and thoughtfully delivered.
A diamond that is uniquely them
Design a diamond that uniquely tells your loved one’s story. Choose a color that reminds you of their eyes or that represents their one-in-a-million personality. As the final touch, we’ll engrave their name on the diamond’s edge.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Cremation diamonds are real diamonds made from the carbon left in cremated remains, or from the carbon in someone’s hair. Cremation diamonds are known by a few names including memorial diamonds and eternal diamonds.They are grown using a lab grown application process within a high pressure, high temperature (HPHT) machine, first purifying the cremated remains (ashes) to extract the carbon left within. Cremated remains contain 1-4% carbon depending on the age of the person, their diet, and other factors.
The cost for turning ashes into diamonds varies based on the carat size and diamond color you want. Cost begins at $2,999 for a .1 carat blue, yellow or colorless diamond.
Cost goes up based on the amount of time the diamond is in the machine since we can only grow one diamond at a time. Larger carat sizes must be in the machine longer, and colors outside of yellow, blue or colorless must go through an additional coloration process. Larger diamonds are also most difficult grow so the pricing reflects the complexity of hand-crafting a large diamond. These factors are what makes the price increase.
You can find Eterneva reviews just about anywhere! Eterneva reviews are on Facebook and Google, TrustPilot, The Cremation Institute, and even on our Instagram. You can read a full collection of Eterneva reviews here, or watch a collection of Eterneva video reviews here.
In fact, here is one from a recent customer:
“This whole process is about so much more than the diamond. I’m learning how to grieve better with you. When my friend lost her dog months after I lost my beloved Fritz, I knew how to sit with her in the pain, how to help her collect the things she’d want to keep, and how to be a better friend in her grieving moments. I can’t wait for my Fritz’s diamond to come home, and I am already so much more able to lean in to loss and embrace legacy projects, memorials and all the emotions that come with it. Thank you!” –– Grace Halverson, Fritz’s Mom
- The ashes will be purified to extract the remaining 1-4% of carbon within them. This carbon will be used to grow your memorial diamond. The purification process takes about 6 weeks, and you’ll receive videos of us transferring your loved one’s ashes, as well as us opening up the purification crucible for the first time to see the carbon within.
- We combine your your loved one’s carbon, generic carbon, a microscopic diamond seed, and generic carbon into a growth cell. This diamond seed gives a site for the carbon to bond to, similar to how a piece of sand helps a pearl form around it.
- The diamond growth cell will be placed in a High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) machine and grown in isolation over the course of 2-6 weeks, depending on the carat size required.
- We harvest the raw diamond out of the growth cell to see the resulting raw diamond and do a quality assessment. We’ll scan the diamond (like an x-ray!) to identify the placement of imperfections an
- The rough diamond will be cut by hand by master diamond cutters (no lasers here!) and colored to the specification of the customer. This can take up to 12 weeks depending on the cut and color of the diamond.
- The diamond will be sent to IGI for grading. The International Gemological Institute is one of the top diamond grading organizations in the world. The report card on your diamond’s carat size, cut, color, and clarity will be sent home with the diamond.
- We will plan a homecoming for your diamond, and have a team member or a courier hand deliver the diamond home to you. Some folks like to throw parties, or small gatherings. Others like to embrace this moment with their loved one. If desired, before the homecoming, we can help set the diamond. Otherwise, you can work with a local jeweler of your choice to have the diamond set in jewelry.